Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Initial postage: What is a blog?

Okay, so here is my first blog. For real, my first blog. I am committed to updating this once a month, if not more.
What is a blog anyway?
According to the dictionary, it is an online log of activity. Boring! Really for me it is a way to express my thoughts and maybe by sharing an opinion it will help bring about changes in our world. By world, I mean our sphere of influence. Not the Earth. That would be a ridiculous hope that my comments about entertainment and my lifestyle as a stay at home dad would change the entire Earth. I mean really, would my comments affect the laid off GM worker? Nope. Would they affect a politician? Unless I post a death threat, probably not. Would my comments affect some improv hopeful? Well, I am hopeful that they would.

5 comments:

John said...

Welcome to the wide world of the blogger! I'm looking forward to reading what you've got to say!

TBinKC said...

ONCE a MONTH?

Pussy.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Are you sure you can commit to that much blogging Clay? Perhaps you should take some baby steps... perhaps once a quarter.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Wasn't at least one of the reasons for you to create this blog the ability to chime in on the monthly topics? Just asking.

Gerrard said...

A blog is a place where you confuse reader interest with reader tedium.

Please, please, PLEASE - only one post a month.