Monday, October 20, 2008

KNOW YOUR CLOTHES

A few weeks ago, Anissa and I were out shopping and I bought this great fine gauge wool sweater with a zip neck. It looked very nice in the store and we bought it. I should preface this story with the fact that I am looking to change my style a little. Being 38 and looking ahead to 40, I am thinking that I should dress less like a rock star and a little more put together. I guess I just want to be taken a little more seriously in all that I do, and it is hard to earn someone's respect and trust wearing t-shirts and jeans. Anyway... back to the story.

I am on the lookout for things that can alter my current bunch of clothes and make me look a little more mature. So we found this nice sweater. It was like $30 at TJ Maxx or somewhere and it was working out great. Like I said, it was a fine gauge wool sweater. The other day, Kenna gave me a goodbye kiss and had peanut butter on her hands. So I washed the sweater in our new front load washer and then accidentally put the load of darks into the DRYER and it was set to HIGH.

Needless to say my new favorite sweater, that was the first purchase in my new wardrobe line, is now small enough to fit my five year old. Sigh...

2 comments:

TBinKC said...

This is why dressing like a grownup is pointless. My theory: Wear exactly the same thing, but in nicer fabrics. And then have it dry cleaned. (Or get a job on the creative side, where they don't trust you if you don't wear jeans.)

Tracy Crowe Jones said...

I guess you gave you kids their first daddy hand-me-down.