Monday, October 27, 2008

Throatitis


Yeah, seems that since I did so much talking this weekend that my throat and voice are shot.
Here is how it happened:

The luscious ladies of Burlesque Downtown Underground like it when I host their shows. It takes the pressure off of them speaking in front of a large crowd and also covers their costume changes. This past weekend was their "Peek-A- BOO!" Halloween themed show. The concepet was cool, lots of "scary" costumes that end up getting taken off and thrown all over. Good times, right? I showed up Friday night at Madrigal to find that the bar seats 60, not too shabby. Then about 100 people show up. I had no microphone, so I strained my voice on Friday night.

Saturday afternoon, I did two more live events that included lots of people and more shouting. Then Saturday, back at Madrigal, for another screaming BDU performance.

Good news... I have zero events this coming weekend!

3 comments:

Tracy Crowe Jones said...

I love committment free weekends.

Clay said...

Oh, it's not commitment free,it is just zero events at which I have to talk a lot.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

From the diaphragm, Clay, from the diaphragm.